Challenges of a Marketing Manager:
What makes your IT or technology company unique? Any Marketing Manager for any company will already have made a new website, SEO, and even a social media manager – those are givens. Congratulations, now you are just doing the same thing as everyone else. You are just like the competition.
This is where inbound marketing comes into play. Marketing Managers are now creating marketing assets that will stay with the company forever. They are no longer just renting space in an ad in some box on a search engine. They need to step away from the traditional messaging: Why you need to hire us. Why our team is the best.
They need to understand that when they are creating content it is no longer exclusively about their own company. They have to change the philosophy of their marketing to take on the persona of those who they are targeting. This means providing them with useful information that will allow them to solve some sort of problem.
These are the major themes for the inbound marketing methodology: (HubSpot.com)
- Content Creation + Distribution- Create targeted content that answers prospects' and customers' basic questions and needs, then share that content far and wide.
- Lifecycle Marketing- Promoters don’t just materialize out of thin air: they start off as strangers, visitors, contacts, and customers. Specific marketing actions and tools help to transform those strangers into promoters.
- Personalization- Tailor your content to the wants and needs of the people who are viewing it. As you learn more about your leads over time, you can better personalize your messages to their specific needs.
- Multi-channel- Inbound marketing is multi-channel by nature because it approaches people where they are, in the channel where they want to interact with you.
- Integration- Content creation, publishing and analytics tools all work together like a well-oiled machine - allowing you to focus on publishing the right content in the right place at the right time.