Chief Revenue officer
Flawless Inbound recently held a workshop offering a short summary of the history of digital marketing. As we know, history has a tendency to repeat itself, and with digital marketing, in particular, there is a pattern of disruption. As we like to say, “Great Marketers ruin it for everyone else.” We're entering into the fourth digital marketing framework, and there are things your business can do to prepare for the next disruption.
What is Digital Marketing 4.0?
It is Digital Marketing 3.0 but with new components, including:
- Global Marketing: (Inbound and Outbound) combined
- Marketing Technology Stack: Because no one software tool can save the Day. And marketing is not about the creative aspect alone anymore. There is actually Marketing Technology Infrastructure that needs to be designed correctly and integrated correctly as well
- Digital transformation is no longer limited to the CIO. Your CMO now needs it more than ever
- Omni-Channel Marketing Strategy: That will include deep analytics and data mining including AI and machine learning
- Account Based Marketing (B2B): Account Based Selling should be an integrated as part of your Digital marketing process even if you are a B2B SaaS or a Modern MSP. And that will be the key differentiator between B2C Vs B2B organizations in 2017 and beyond.
So, you can have the best marketing automation tools on the planet and hire the best Marketing Manger to know how to configure each and every feature but you are still not making any progress without targeting the right prospects.
The very concept of a website has adapted to become more agile for the modern online market.
Growth Driven Design: Is one of the many frameworks that need to be included in your strategy. Your Website will never any more be a big project that needs to be completely rebuilt every 3 years. Instead, you will need to adopt an agile approach to your website and refresh it regularly to optimize the conversions between visitors and contacts.
Campaigns vs. Tactics: Hopefully everyone is running marketing campaigns by now, but still very few understand the difference between campaigns and plays/tactics and how efforts invested now will unfold in the long-term.
Our workshop went deep in all components. Naturally, there were a lot of questions and ‘Aha’ moments where we were trying to uncover the real truth about what is really going on in the marketing arena. Due to high demand, we are planning to run the workshop again on June 1st, 2017. Check back soon for details.
If you are a CEO/founder/CMO/Marketing manager who is stuck in Digital Marketing 2.0 or 3.0 and needs to build a strategy to be ready for what is coming. I would love to personally invite you to the next one.